This October, take your little artists to Esplanade’s Octoburst! where they can take part in a drawing competition as well as participate in heaps of colouring fun! If you want to know what the theme is… it’s a mystery!
So the only way to find out is to take your kids down to Esplanade!
When: 3 October 2014
Time: 8.30 – 11.30am
Where: Esplanade Concourse
Prize Giving Ceremony: 1.15pm – 2pm, Upper Concourse
Do note that pre-registration is needed for both Colouring Fun and Drawing Competition!
COLOURING FUN (FOR KIDS AGES 2-4 YEARS OLD)
Kids will get to fill the colouring sheets provided with bright and beautiful colours. What’s more, they can take their artwork home and display it for all to see! As long as your child is 2-4 years old, he or she can take part in this fun event.
* Colouring Fun participants will not be given a Certificate of Participation.
ON-THE-SPOT DRAWING COMPETITION (FOR KIDS AGED 5-12 YEARS OLD)
Would your child like to have his/her artistic expression displayed on the walls of Esplanade? Then why not encourage them to participate in the Drawing Competition where they also stand the chance to win great prizes!
The Drawing Competition is open to all children aged between 5 – 12 years old and is divided into 3 categories:
Category A: 5 & 6 years old
Category B: 7 – 9 years old (Lower Primary)
Category C: 10 -12 years old (Upper Primary)
Please sign up via www.esplanade.com/octoburst before 1 October (Wednesday) 2014.
Fax: 6337 3633
A3-sized drawing paper with a special Esplanade stamp will be provided on the day of the competition. Participants are required to bring their own drawing materials. Only crayons, pastels and/or colour pencils are allowed.
Colouring sheets will be provided for Colouring Fun. Participants have to bring their own colouring materials.
Entries will be judged on the participants’ skill, originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
Prizes will be awarded at the end of the competition to the top 3 entries and 10 merit winners in each category. All participants will each receive a Certificate of Participation.
All winning entries will be displayed on the Esplanade Community Wall (Level 3, Esplanade Mall) from 4 October – 2 November 2014.
Terms & Conditions
– Collect your drawing paper at the Esplanade Concourse from 8.30 a.m onward on the event day. A copy of the participant’s photo ID (e.g. student pass) must be presented at the collection point.
– Participants may use any of Esplanade’s public areas to work on their drawings.
– All entries must be the original work of the participant, completed on-the-spot at Esplanade on 3 Oct 2014, Fri. Any false representation, erroneous information, violation of these rules and regulations or the general objectives of the competition (such as helping the child develop or colour the artwork during the competition) will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant.
– Each participant may submit only one drawing.
– All entries will be the property of Esplanade after the competition.
– Esplanade owns the copyright for all the artwork and all art pieces will not be returned to the participants.
– Esplanade will not be responsible for any lost or spoilt entries.
– A parent or guardian must accompany the participant at all times.
Parents, what are you waiting for? Register your young artist for Esplanade’s Octoburst! today!!Posted in Esplanade, Event venues