Ice cream in a bag
This simple method for making ice cream does not require any complicated ice cream machine or even the help of a freezer.
Cookies and cream ice cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oreo cookies crushed
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 small plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 bigger plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
Directions to make it:
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Add in the Oreo crumbs and continue shaking for another minute or till it’s mixed together.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully.
- Enjoy your yummy homemade ice cream!
Freeze & Stir method
Another super simple method to make ice cream is the freeze and stir. This particular way takes a longer time to make and also the extra step of cooking the mixture but produces a creamier ice cream consistency then the ice cream in a bag.
Chocolate – peanut butter ice cream
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- Whisk together milk, cocoa powder, salt and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat the mixture, whisking frequently until it comes to a full boil (when the mixture starts foaming up)
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until fully mixed
- Chill the mixture thoroughly before transferring it into a deep freezer-safe bowl or container
- Place in the freezer for 45 minutes.
- As it starts to freeze near the edges, remove from the freezer and stir vigorously with a fork or whisk, being sure to break up any frozen sections.
- Return it to the freezer.
- Continue to check every 30 minutes, stirring vigorously as it’s freezing.
- Do this for the next 2-3 hours or till the ice cream is sufficiently frozen.
- Enjoy the yummy treat with the kids!
Posted in Uncategorized